Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I show navbar searchbox to guests & then ask to register once they search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I show navbar searchbox to guests & then ask to register once they search?

I now have searching disabled for guests, to increase registration rates.

I would still like to show the Search vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); in the navbar and let them think they are about to search, but then when they actually do, they get the 'you must register to do that' message.

In my navbar template, what conditions must be moved around, what lines must I edit?

I tried searching here, but did not find any threads to show how to do this.

TIA,

MH

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Find all 3 instances of this and add the red code:

Code:
    <if condition="$show['searchbuttons'] [color=red]OR 1[/color]">

Comment

Thank you very much!

Worked like a charm!!

What, in effect, does the "OR 1" bit translate into?
      I'm asking because maybe I will want to use this condition elsewhere, once I know how to interpret it. What is "1"?

Comment

It basically adds "or true" to the condition so it's always true... "if one thing or the other, where the other is always true."

Comment

Got it.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X