Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest X amount of threads based on last post date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I don't think the post contents are available to the feeds, though I am not sure.

Leave a comment:

• zendiver
    replied
    Jake, in that above, how would you go about getting the fulldesc of that post?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    For example:

Code:
    <div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="external.php?type=js&lastpost=1"></script> 
    <script language="" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    for (var x in threads)
    {
    document.writeln("<a href=\"showthread.php?t="+threads[x].threadid+"\">"+threads[x].title+"</a> (Posted By: "+threads[x].poster+")<br />");
    }
    //-->
    </script></div>

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Lee
    replied
    ^

Can you please be more specific?

Where exactly do we add "&lastpost=1" in order to make it work based on last post date the way buttknocker described?

Last edited by Marcel Lee; Thu 7 Sep '06, 9:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    It appears you can change the sort by adding &lastpost=1 to the location.

Leave a comment:

• buttknocker
    started a topic Latest X amount of threads based on last post date?

Latest X amount of threads based on last post date?

By default the current version of external.php will only show the last 15 new threads; if somebody replies to an older message then that thread will not be included in the output since the thread creation date is older than the 15 newest threads.

What code would I use to get it to be included in the output?
    To be more specific when an old thread is replied to it is bumped to the top. How do I get that old thread to be included in the output. All I want is the thread links and thread titles. Then I want to include it on an html page on a seperate server.

phpBB used to have a mod called Last X amount of posts and you could display the thread title links to them on an html page. If I recall I did this via php include. Wondering if I could duplicate this on the latest version of VBulletin? It's looking like the php include is not an option but I'm unable to find a java script coding way. I seen all the stuff I found in searches but those were just for the latest 15 threads based on creation date.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X