smilie text to replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smilie text to replace

Can I turn ths text to replace a smilie OFF. It's so darn annoying, I just want the smilie to appear by users clicking on the smilie itself, not by typing a word. Trying to read a serious post only to have little images in the middle of words is annoying.

thanks

No, because clicking on a smiley doesn't do anything different from inserting that text into the post.
    What you can do though is change the text which is used for smileys.
    If you use something like: **** the chance is small that anyone will use that in a normal post.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      No, because clicking on a smiley doesn't do anything different from inserting that text into the post.
      What you can do though is change the text which is used for smileys.
      If you use something like: **** the chance is small that anyone will use that in a normal post.
      You don't know my users lol

Yup I figured this might be the answer so did change a couple to a bizarre word, it SEEMS to have worked on the ones I've changed so far. Thanks Colin

Comment

My question is semi-related to this.

How do I get the actual smiley to display in the message reply box instead of the 'text to replace.' It converts fine to the smiley when the message is posted but I would like the smiley to display in the reply area as well.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd View Post

How do I get the actual smiley to display in the message reply box instead of the 'text to replace.' It converts fine to the smiley when the message is posted but I would like the smiley to display in the reply area as well.

thanks.
          bump

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Use the wisywig editor and the side oer top menus, theres no other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                Use the wisywig editor and the side oer top menus, theres no other way.
                I am talking about on my forums, the "text to replace" displays in the "Reply to Thread" window. I would like for the smilie icon to display in the "Reply to Thread" window instead of the "text to replace."

The users do use the wysiwyg editor.

Comment

If the users use the wiswig, and insert a smilie into the window via the smilie drop down, or side smilie window if its enabled, it will showup as a smilie.

Comment

What setting could I have set improperly if the smilie doesn't display until the post is submitted?

EDIT: See my post below.
                    Last edited by rnmcd; Fri 16 Feb '07, 5:09pm.

Comment

I see that the problem is that users don't have the wysiwyg enabled.

Is there a way for the Admin to default the Message Editor Interface to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"?

Comment

AdminCP > Maintainence > Execute SQL Query >

There is a predefined query to turn the wysiwyg editor on for all users.

Comment

I found the query but I am wondering what the "Restart" button does for
                          Query (Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar) UPDATE user SET showvbcode = 2

Comment

It resets the query window to enter a new query.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X