Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never logout unless

Hi guys,

I've looked everywhere, and it's not working... How do I keep my board to not log members out unless they click on log out? Please help.

I suggest that you enable the Remember Me as the default so people will use cookies to track their sessions. Here are the instructions for changing this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156572
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah, doesn't mater if you have your board as sub.domain.com? I've always checked mine, but it always time out for some odd reason... should I set the cookies setting any special?

Comment

Leave the cookie domain and path at the default settings and as long as coolkies are not being blocked, this will work.

Please note that cookies are domain specific so a cookie for sub.domain.com will be different that a cookie for domain.com.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Users get logged out really fast. How does the "Remember Me button" help this?

Comment

It allows them to stay logged in via cookies instaed os sessions and IP address. This is particularly important for AOL users and others using ISPs that change IPs with every click.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hello Steve,

per instructions here:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156572

I've modified the following templates:
              navbar, STANDARD_ERROR, STANDARD_ERROR_LITE and STANDARD_ERROR_LOGIN

I'll see how that works.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X