Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Width of posts changed when updgrading - how to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Width of posts changed when updgrading - how to fix?

Hi all,

I've upgraded from 3.5.4 to 3.6.0 and I've encountered a problem of width of the posts themselves.
    I can't figure out where is the template that I need to modify.

See the pic enclosed:

I appreciate any help on this.

-Alon

The spacer variables were removed from the postbit in 3.6.x. You need to either revert your postbit or manually remove the spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      The spacer variables were removed from the postbit in 3.6.x. You need to either revert your postbit or manually remove the spacers.

With that said,.. how can I integrate it back?

What does Revert do?
      Will this cause me to loose any changes that I've implemented?

Comment

I have the same problem and would also like to know what the revert does.

Comment

Reverting a template will delete any customizations you have made to it. It will change back to the default. You can either manually update the customized template with required changes (detailed in each version announcement thread) or you can revert and recustomize.

Comment

Don't revert!
            Take an evening with the style manager to visually compare new and old templates where there are changes.

The style manager has excellent support in viewing the new and old templates side by side with the differing lines colormarked.

As soon as you save each of the template, updated to include both what the vb upgrade changed, and the changes for any eventual added hacks/products - Then the note about reverting that template will go away.

Easy peasy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X