vBulletin needs .php and .php4.. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin needs .php and .php4.. please help

I remember a long time ago around the vB 2.x days, you had to rename the extension of your vB each time you upgraded. Somewhere back then, my system got messed up and started looking for .php and .php4 extensions. I've just let it go along just fine for the last couple of years, until I upgraded to 3.6.

I'm trying to install this one hack in particular, and it isn't working since my forum is using .php and .php4. Regardless if this hack does not work or not, I'd still like to have a clean install and just have .php files.

My forum is at 10,000+ members, so I would not consider starting over. Is their a fix to get it to only look for .php files?

Thanks,
    David

vB uses one or the other - not both. Please explain.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure myself what went wrong in the upgrade. The thing was, you had to upload a seperate set of files for each upgrade right? So, I went from .php to .php4.. somewhere in the upgrade, I must've pressed something twice or something, but now my forum looks for both .php and .php4 files. Has this problem not come up before? For example, it may use showthread.php4, but forumdisplay.php, etc.

To note, I have two vBulletin licenses, and my second forum is working well, so I do know how to install properly. It's just that the error in the upgrade back in the 2.x.x days finally caught up to me.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow this but vB uses one or the other - not both.

To change to .php from .php4:

1. Download the .php version of the vB zip file.

2. Upload ALL the files, except the images and install.php. Make sure you upload these iin ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

3. Then go into your Admiin CP and upload the default vbulletin-style.xml file on the server to replace the old templates.

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Download/Upload Styles

4. If you have any custom template., you will need to either revert these templates or manually change any references to .'php4' to '.php'. You can also use the Help 'Find and Replace in Templates' feature under 'Search in Templates' but be very careful with this option.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X