Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup restore problem

Hello,

I decided to upgrade my forum to 3.6 but wanted to test it before I actually upgrade it. So i made a sql backup, made new folder for testing purpose and tried to restore the backup database but everytime I tried it kept failing to finish it with this error message.

"Read from remote host www.xxx.com: Operation timed out
    Connection to www.xxx.com closed."

I've been using vBulletin for 6 years and always make backup and restore through ssh. Trouble is, not only fresh backup file (which i made last night) have this problem but all 4 backup file I made this month, so I cannot say it's because of corrupted backup file.

I'm on a dedicaed server, sql file is about 600mb without attachments. (attachments are stored in the filesystem) Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry, should goto 3.5 forum. Move thread if needed. Thanks.
    Last edited by kratai; Wed 23rd Aug '06, 9:55am.

How big is the file and what's the command you are using to restore it?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      How big is the file and what's the command you are using to restore it?
      Hello,

It's about 600mb and i use command just like vBulletin manual say,

mysqldump --opt -Q -u dbusername -p databasename > backupname.sql

mysql -u dbusername -p databasename < backupname.sql

I've done this vBulletin backup and restore hundred times before without any trouble.

Comment

It can't be that command because the eerror shows that you are trying to restore from a remote host:

"Read from remote host www.xxx.com: Operation timed out

What are you doing exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have 3.5 forum running at www.xxx.org and wanted to see 3.6 in action so I made a backup and moved the file to www.xxx.com for testing purpose. I've done it exactly as described here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...rvers_transfer

Then i use ssh to restore it using mysql command. Like i said i've done this numerous times before.

Comment

Again I don't see how you can get an error regarding a remote server f you are using the command you posted. I don't see how that's possible which is why I'm asking for exactly what you are doing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well, I can see database is restored when I check through phpmyadmin but at some point it stop responding and I ended up getting that error.

According to phpmyadmin, it usually stop restoring at post_parsed table.

Comment

I'm still having this problem. Anybody got a clue?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X