3.0.8 to 3.6.0 - 2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0.8 to 3.6.0 - 2 Questions

I have upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.6.0 and everythign went smoothly..but I found a couple of weird things going on...

1) When I click on "Thread Tools" within a Thread, I see all the possible options available to an admin/supermoderator...but the "Move Thread" option is a blank line...I do have that blank row below the line "Close Thread" and when I click that blank space it does take me to the next page where I can choose what type of moving for the thread I want...but that specific line is totally white with no words..I was wondering whether this was me doing the upgrade or a bug? those words "Move Thread" are either in a white font or are missing...(see attached image)

2) After upgrading, I rebuilt the Thread info and Forum info....I noticed that the table "postindex" has remained the same size it was before..does it mean that I do not need to rebuild the search index? That the upgrade has not affected the search index that I had before?

Thanks and sorry for being so long...!
    Attached Files

1. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

2. You do not need to rebuild the search index after upgrading.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      1. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      I reverted everything in that style, and now it is perfect....

2. You do not need to rebuild the search index after upgrading.
      Lovely...because it always takes me forever to rebuild the search index....good to know that it does not change with the upgrade...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X