Paid Private Messaging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Private Messaging?

Is there a way to have the ability to use the PM system only available to folks who pay for the service? Or, for example, give a certain amount of PM's for free (like10) and then offer up to 200 or whatever with a paid subscription?

I took a look at the payment module and it looks like it only works with forums. Is there a way to do this? I have a client whom I think it would be really profitable to offer paid PM's.

You can determine who can use PMs and how many they can store in their PM box based on a paid subscription, but not how many they can send.

You do it by creating a Paid Usergroup with permission to use the PM system, then set the paid subscription to move them into that usergroup when they pay.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

if you set pm limit to 0 that DISABLE SENDING PMs... but as pointed out you cant limit the number of messages coming in or out, just the box size (or disabled).

that said if you limited PMs to "3" for example someone could barely send 2 PMs and get a reply before another person got an error "private messages full" (especially if people want to save "sent messages" to remember conversation threads).

pay per message would certainly be useful for classified and personal ads sites though... that requires a vB add-on to be written.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X