X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lost network connection" Error when I post

I just installed and activated my new forum with vB 3.6 here:

www.uwphotochat.com

and it works well so far except I can't post normally to it! When I post, I get this:

"Safari can’t open the page “http://www.uwphotochat.com/forums/ne...postreply&t=6”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

The post DOES get posted, and if I go manually back to the page, I see the post. If I back the browswer up and hit POST again, I get a double post and the same error.

I do not get this error on the other vB sites I visit (for example, this site) so it is an issue with my site, not with my computer. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Jonathan

With a bit of searching, it look more like an issue with your safair, not with vB

I made a test account, but havent recieved the activation email as of yet so I can't test it.

Heres a few things I have seen.
    * Reset Safari. Yes, even though you removed plists.
    * Try another user.
    * Turn off the computer, AirPort, switches/routers, and DSL/cable device. Wait two minutes, turn them on in reverse order, waiting for complete initialization of one before moving to the next.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I will try all of that and report back. Thing is, it's not doing this when I post to other forums running the same software, like this one. So if this is an issue with Safari, why only on my site?

When you say reset Safari, do you mean clear the cache?

Jonathan

Comment

I tried creating another user and it still does it. Of course, then I decided to try making my new user a moderator in order to test that function and that causes a fatal error, so now I have yet another problem to fix.

Is it just me or is this software a bit on the tricky side? Seems like all the "hard" stuff was easy and the stuff that should just work....doesn't.

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by The Birdman View Post
          I tried creating another user and it still does it. Of course, then I decided to try making my new user a moderator in order to test that function and that causes a fatal error, so now I have yet another problem to fix.

Is it just me or is this software a bit on the tricky side? Seems like all the "hard" stuff was easy and the stuff that should just work....doesn't.

Jonathan
          I got the info for your board.
          I made a post in your "Cold" area. It doesn't show up in the front, Plus when you enter the forum it doesn't show up for replies.
          This was done in FireFox. In IE, it goes to Page cannot be displayed.

Have you gone to the Maintenace section of the ACP and updated the counters?

As far as resetting Safari? I dont know. I dont use that at all. I just pulled that from a different forum where someone was having that same issue

Comment

Thanks for the test. My counters are completely not working. I'm really confused about that because there are no settings to mess with to fix it. I'm completely in the dark about it.

I can only get the counters to update manually (the way you suggested) and can't get them to update automatically AT ALL. (Hourly or instantly).

Jonathan

Comment