RSS Feed Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed Problems

I got the RSS Feeds working fine at first. Then I deleted all the feeds from the forum board were they were posted and ran the get feeds scheduler again from the admin panel. None were grabbed this time round (I thought it would have grabbed the same feeds I just deleted) from the forum board.

I even went into the database itself and deleted the feeds manually there from database I spotted as still being listed as being there in the database and ran the rss feed scheduler once again. Still no feeds are being grabbed even though I have now removed all traces of feeds from the database and forum board, I know the XML RSS feed link is working fine as it's the same link that grabbed the feeds in the first place.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 16th Aug '06, 4:43am.

How old were those feeds?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the same feeds did come back again after 30 minutes expired, but trying to get them back straight away by manually running the scheduler didn't work in getting them back.

Comment

You'll need to delete the feed and readd it or empty the rsslog table.

Comment

thats what I did at first. When I first setup the RSS Feed I manually ran the scheduler in the admin cp. That displayed the feeds. I then 5 minutes later deleted all the feeds from the forum board and re-ran the scheduler again. Nothing happened. So I went into the database and deleted all feeds in the rsslog. Then re-ran the scheduler again. Same thing nothing got posted.

The same feeds only returned after 30 minutes that the scheduler was setup to check for new feeds itself. It just seems even though I removed all feeds from the board 5 minutes after they were grabbed and also removed them from the rsslog in the database. manually running the scheduler didn't get them back like I thought it should have. especially seeing as I had removed them from the database rsslog and the board.

Comment

If you empty the rsslog table and click the "reset" option for the feed, it will pull them back again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X