Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cookies/admin cp issue between multiple sites

I'm so flummoxed....

I have two sites running vbulleting currently, cn.fxphd.com and www.fxphd.com -- on different servers. I may be causing this problem myself by not paying attention to the server I'm using, but I seem to be getting authentication problems. I end up not being able to log into www.fxphd admin panel after working in the cn.fxphd admin panel. I enter my username and password on www and just get redirected back to the login screen.

Only when I log out of the regular forums on www can I log into the www admin panel. Then when I go back to cn.fxphd, I have issues logging in there.

Does any of this sound familiar? Do I need to change cookie settings? I mean...I use a different skin on each one so I know which one I'm editing visually, but.....

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
    X