Image attachment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image attachment question

This is a weird problem I just encountered. When I upload image attachments on a post, they usually appear as thumbnail links. But if I post again (2nd post), they appear as text links. How could I edit it so that they ALL appear as thumbnail links? Thanks!

Make sure this option is enabled:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> View Attached Images Inline

Also make sure the image type is set to show thumbs:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Edit -> Display thumbnail for this type?

I was also having problems with inline images:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...view&bugid=707

...though the problem isn't confirmed yet.

Comment

Yeah, those features are enabled... but it's still a problem. So this is a vB3.6 bug?

Comment

Maybe. I am waiting for a reply from a dev on that bug report.

Comment

has there been any progress on this problem(bug). its getting really annoying that i cant attach inline images. it always makes them links.

Comment

I am seeing the same behaviour here on my 3.6.0 install and here on Vbulletin.com even!
            Last edited by bboy; Wed 16 Aug '06, 9:10am.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketrex View Post
              has there been any progress on this problem(bug). its getting really annoying that i cant attach inline images. it always makes them links.
              Yeah, this is definitely an issue... we could only hope vB 3.6.1 comes soon.

Comment

Anything official yet on this? I don't see too many people discussing this matter so I wonder if it may be a configuration issue?

Comment

Freddie fixed a problem for the next version:

Comment

What about just using the attach command instead? Clicky

I was used to it working if you uploaded your images and left them as attachment links at the bottom, or put [img] tags in the body of the message that corresponded to the attachment name.... in which case the attachment *link* still showed at the bottom of the post.

I can't get it to behave that way now, and I'm not sure if changing one of the configuration options would fix it (hasn't yet), but the [attach] command works perfectly.

Comment

What about just using the attach command instead? Clicky

I was used to it working where you could upload your images and leave them as attachment links at the bottom, or put [img] tags in the body of the message that corresponded to the attachment name.... in which case the attachment *link* still showed at the bottom of the post.

I can't get it to behave that way now, and I'm not sure if changing one of the configuration options would fix it (hasn't yet), but the [attach] command works perfectly.

Oh, and it saves having to copy and paste the img link.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post

So we have to wait until vB 3.6.1, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post

Thanks for the reply Jake, any ETA on when this will be made available? Also, will it require a full upgrade (3.6.1?) or just a file replacement(s) or config adjust?
                          Last edited by bboy; Mon 21 Aug '06, 9:49pm.

Comment

Yes, it will be in 3.6.1 and will likely require a full upgrade. I don't have an ETA.

Comment

Strange.
                              I can attach 1 image inline, but if I do more than one in the same post it goes to a link?
                              www.highperformancestangs.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X