disabling forums through the admin CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabling forums through the admin CP

When the forums are disabled through the admin CP, can the Moderators or Super Moderators view the forums like the Admins can? If not, is there anyway to make it so that they can?

If you are referring to this setting:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Forum is Active

...then the forum is still accessible if the user has access:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Comment

What im saying is... I'd like to temporarily disable the forums to the public and registered members...but make it active for the Admin, Moderators, and Super Moderators.. so that we can move threads around and stuff.. Im doing a major overhaul of my forums and creating several new categories and will have to move hundreds of threads around from one category to another..

Basically I would like the moderators and supermoderators to have the same access as Admins do when the forums are turned off through the Admin CP... That text appears near the top of the forums that says "The forums are not active for regular members" or something like that.

Comment

Oh I see. There is no option for that... only admins have access to a closed forum.

You can probably modify the code to change this, but that is a www.vbulletin.org question.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X