Edit signature strips img tags??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit signature strips img tags??

I can use the image tags in my signature just fine and they show up just fine. However, if I go back and edit the sig the img tags are gone and only a url is showing. If I click save, only the link shows, not the image. This is happening on both boards running 3.6 but not my 3.5.4 board. Any suggestions?

(Also is there no way to make an uploaded image linkable?)
    Cricket Phone Talk | Tennessee Vols

Doesn't happen for me on this board.

First I recommend reuploading all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files. Also, turn off plugins globally in your vBulletin Options. Does this problem still occur then?

If so, Add a new style and select 'No Parent Style'. This will force it to use the default templates.
    Switch to this style in your UserCP and see if the problem still occurs.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I reuploaded all files. Made sure the plugins are turned off. Created new skin with no parent style and it still happens. This is what I see when I edit the sig after it's already been saved (see attachment).

I have the exact same issue on two different boards. If I save it the second time it only shows the url. I can tell by swithing to html mode that the img tags have been changed to url tags.

I guess I will try installing a test board tommorow and see if I have the same issue.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by vol_freak; Tue 15th Aug '06, 9:12pm.

Comment

I did a complete reinstall in a test directory and I still have the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I still see your banner up above. When you click Preview, does it show the link or the banner?
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

It shows the banner and the sig fine the first time you input it. I posted the image of what the screen looks like once you go to edit an existing sig. If you click on save (without making any changes) the pic turns into a url only.

Switching to html mode confirms only url tags and no img tags.

Comment

If you edit it without the WYSIWYG editor does it work correctly?
              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Yes it works fine that way. This only happens using te WYSIWYG editor.

Comment

Anyone have any idea on this? Please?

Comment

Not really.
                    Could you open a support ticket, providing AdminCP, FTP and phpMyAdmin login details as well as full description of the problem please.
                    Best Regards
                    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X