Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users Profile Home Page restriction is gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users Profile Home Page restriction is gone!

Help! Before my professional upgrade people could only post a homepage if they were qualified. Now people are posting malicious homepages that control your browser and infect your computer!

Like I say I used to restrict posting a homepage except by certain groups who were qualified and trustworthy!

This was most likely done with a template conditional, as there's no such function.
    You'd have to reapply that template conditional.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thnaks..

Can anyone tell me how that is done. I totally forgot!

Comment

Surprised...

I seriously do not know why this function is not standard within permissions. I do not know how anyone gets by without it.

Comment

Just set the default usergroup to not allow profile edits.

Once they're trusted by either postcount or time, they can get promoted to a new group where edits are possible.
          Lats...

Comment

Anything to stop malicious registrants!

It seems a little drastic and inconvenient to disallow members to edit their profiles. I have done it though.

In the meantime can someone please explain how to make a conditional for the default group to not have the ability to post their home pages?

Also, I am going to be looking for someone who can change the appearance (and more etc) for a new web site I am having done that is a lot like an affiliate program. Earn some extra money! Anybody know anybody?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Clarifying...

I thought I should clarify...

Who can I pay to make changes and keep my forum upgraded and possibly even modify it for me - etc? I am looking for a forum web master!

Thanks!

Comment

Please ask for paid help in the Service Requests forum at www.vbulletin.org, we don't allow that here.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Okay...

Can someone please explain how to make a conditional for the default group to not have the ability to post their home pages?

Comment

Look for this in the modifyprofile template...
                    HTML Code:
                       <fieldset class="fieldset">
                        <legend><label for="tb_homepage">$vbphrase[home_page_url]</label></legend>
                        <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="$stylevar[formspacer]" border="0" width="100%">
                        <tr>
                         <td>$vbphrase[let_other_visitors_know_url]</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                         <td>$vbphrase[home_page_url]<br /><input type="text" class="bginput" name="homepage" id="tb_homepage" value="$bbuserinfo[homepage]" size="50" maxlength="200" dir="ltr" /></td>
                        </tr>
                        </table>
                       </fieldset>
                    Just above that, add...
                    HTML Code:
                    <if condition="!in_array($bbuserinfo[usergroupid], array(1, 2, 3, 4, 8))">
                    Just below that, add...
                    HTML Code:
                    </if>
                    This will stop users in usergroups 1, 2, 3, 4 & 8 from editing thier homepage field.
                    Lats...

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you very much. I was able to do it easy enough.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X