Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smiles problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smiles problem

    When creating a new thread or posting a reply the smiles on the riht and the same when i hit more smiles the image are blank just the code shows up. I see the images on the right of this post but not in my vb 3.6.0.
    I thought it might have something to do with the import from phpbb so I upped a new freah install of 3.6.0 and same problem with default style.

    Could this be a server problem?Although I didn't have this problem with phpbb.

    Dunno guys I need help on this one.

  • #2
    I'm not 100% on your problem so...


    During a new thread or new post you can see the smilies on the right hand side? However when you click the more link you just get a blank page?

    Is this correct?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      I'm not 100% on your problem so...


      During a new thread or new post you can see the smilies on the right hand side? However when you click the more link you just get a blank page?

      Is this correct?
      No i'm get just the code on the right hand side, if I hit more I get the same thing just the code,IE and firefox
      eg. (:, ):

      I can see the images on this forum when creating a new thread or doing reply, I can see in firefox and IE.

      =================================================

      I just installed vb 3.5.5 and the smiles problem is not there, so I'm going to stay with vb 3.5.5 till you guys get the kinks out of 3.6.0.

      Now my question is how do I get my 3.6.0 database to work with 3.5.5, can I use impex to go backwards on the database?
      Last edited by fracture; Mon 14 Aug '06, 3:06pm.

      Comment


      • #4
        I need some help here guys!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fracture View Post
          Now my question is how do I get my 3.6.0 database to work with 3.5.5, can I use impex to go backwards on the database?
          You can't. You need to restore a backup of your 3.5.5 database from before the upgrade attempt.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            You can't. You need to restore a backup of your 3.5.5 database from before the upgrade attempt.
            ok, my next question is why this forum doesn't have the same problem as mine. I installed a fresh 3.6.0 an the only style on it is the default style and it has the smile problem.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok I contacted my server folks and they could not find any thing on their server that would cause this problem and they suggested contacting you guys.

              So please help, I don't know where to turn now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Perhaps you could explain exacctly what the status is right now. I don't know which files you are running, which database, etc.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                Steve Machol Photography


                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                Comment


                • #9
                  I still have my test forum running along with my active forum. My test forum is just a clean install of 3.6.0 and it has the smiles images problem. My server people tell me that they have checked their configuration is everything is okay, no problems

                  Their is something different in 3.6.0 over previous versions thats causing this. I uploaded 3.5.5 to test it and 3.5.5 does not have this problem. I would go to 3.5.5 but you folks tel me my I can't go back from 3.6.0 with my database so thats a dead end.

                  What now coach!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

                    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

                    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

                    If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload thes\e in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

                    Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                    Steve Machol Photography


                    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

                      Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

                      define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

                      If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload thes\e in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

                      Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
                      I did a fresh install, there was nothing added to it after or before the install the only style was the default vbulletin and I still had the problem. Do you still want me to do the above stuff anyway?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                        Steve Machol Photography


                        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok, I did everything you ask me to and I have the same problem

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Fill out a support ticket at:

                            http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

                            Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                            Steve Machol Photography


                            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              Fill out a support ticket at:

                              http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

                              Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
                              Whoa thats disclosing all passwords for my server I don't think I want to do that.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X