database warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database warnings

before upgrading to 3.6.0 (from 3.5.4) i never saw a single aborted connection to my database server. now my .err log is filling up with

060813 13:12:44 [Warning] Aborted connection 1368 to db: 'skeedz' user: 'skeedz' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)

my board is far from busy. i've run out of ideas for trying to fix this issue, as far as i can tell it has to be something changed in vbulletin (maybe class_core.php) that's not closing database connections properly and causing them to timeout.

anyone got any ideas?
    Last edited by joshx; Sun 13 Aug '06, 2:37am.

I have never seen that error, and I wasn't able to find anything in my searches. If no one here is able to help you then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum since this is a server error.

Comment

ahh well it only seems to happen using mysqli so i switched back to mysql.

using php 5.1.4 and mysql 5.0.24 btw.

Comment

I have the same problem. Using MySQLi makes many aborted MySQL connections so that I even can't backup forum database.

Comment

I have the same problem. Does anyone got a solution for this issue? I use mysqli.

EDIT: Just checked my config.
          // ****** MASTER DATABASE PERSISTENT CONNECTIONS ******
          // This option allows you to turn persistent connections to MySQL on or off.
          // The difference in performance is negligible for all but the largest boards.
          // If you are unsure what this should be, leave it off. (0 = off; 1 = on)
          $config['MasterServer']['usepconnect'] = 1;

I will try to set it to 0 and see if it helps.

Update: Problem solved I think.
          Last edited by wcm; Thu 19 Oct '06, 12:06am.

Comment

Working...
          X