Subscriptions question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscriptions question

I have a question about paid subsriptions. I want users to be able to purchase a subscription to gain access to a premium membership group.

I created the group and assigned all the appropriate permissions and settings.

In the subscription setup I set the primary group to the premium membership group and registered as secondary.

Do I still need to create a usergroup promotion or is the subscription itself all I need?

Thanks.

Chris
    Web Hosting Rebates
    The Web Hosting Resource Kit - Free hosting related articles and tutorials

No separate promotion needed. When someone purchases the subscription, the Subscription scheduled task will handle this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Excellent. One additional question.

If I want to raise subscription prices for new subscribers, but not existing ones - is that possible and how?

Chris
      Web Hosting Rebates
      The Web Hosting Resource Kit - Free hosting related articles and tutorials

Comment

No that's not really possible. Once the price is changed it will affect everyone who orders or renews that subscription.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi,

what if I want to have a one time setup fee and then a recurrent payment, how would I do that?

Comment

You would need two separate subscrtiptions for that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              You would need two separate subscrtiptions for that.
              OK, but can I set it up si there's just one transaction?

Also, is there a way to set up a subsciption for a specific user group and not generic?

Thanks

Comment

1. As I said you need to set up two separate transactions to do that. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

2. No sorry, there's no way to limit access to subscriptions based on Usergroup.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok.

Is there a way to extract the form for a subscription so I can display it somewhere else, or is there some SSIs ?

For example, if I wanted to include the subscription form button and select in a PM, or within a text box in a right margin, can I do this?

Ans if yes, is there a way to only display 1 subscription and not all?

Thanks again

Comment

I believe this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

2. No sorry, there's no way to limit access to subscriptions based on Usergroup.

Sure there is.... AdminCP->Paid Subscriptions->Subscription Permissions Manager

In fact, I think it solves his problem, too. If he had a "setup" subscription that was available to everyone, and changed your primary usergroup to the 'subcription' usergroup... then a second "maintenance" subscription that was only available to users in the 'subscription' usergroup.

You could achieve something similar by having a usergroup for your "old" subscribers, with a paid subscription that only they can access, and a "new" subscriber group with separate paid subscriptions for them. The usergroup permissions could be identical, short of which paid subscriptions (and thus prices) they have access to.

Comment

Originally posted by saf-t scissors View Post

Sure there is.... AdminCP->Paid Subscriptions->Subscription Permissions Manager
                        D'oh! You're right. My bad.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks all, found it!

Comment

D'oh! You're right. My bad.
                            In all fairness, I think that permissions manager is kinda new... 3.6 or something like that.

Comment

The subscription permissions are also kind of clunky at the moment. They look to be set to 'on' by default which means you have to go through each subscription/usergroup individually to turn them off.

I was hoping that I would find a 'master override' in the usergroups permission page that could turn access on or off for that usergroup, but I didn't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X