No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get avatars working.

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1549 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /includes/class_upload.php on line 295

Warning: fopen(/tmp/vbupload19710917) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/class_upload.php on line 295

You cannot store avatars in the file system on a server running in safe mode. You need to change the storage back to the databaase.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

is set - to Database Storage and not working

Comment

You need to enable safe mode in the Admin CP and set the Safe Mode temp Directory to a directory that has been chmod'd to 777. Use the full path to that directory on the server.

You should also ask your host to chmod the server's /tmp directory to 777.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i have chmoded tmp folder to 777 i have in my setup "safe mode" mode ON still not working !
          Last edited by Krisca; Sat 12 Aug '06, 11:08am.

Comment

I guarantee it will work if you do it right. What exactly did you do and did the host make that change to /tmp?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Fixed Thank You

Plzz. Close.

Comment

I just wanted to add for general info, that you may need to use the full path to the /tmp directory, and you'll have to get that information from your host. I did.

Comment

Working...
                X