Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [How do I] add the session id to a forumlink

Hi,

I have a problem with session ids. I'm testing my forum for users without cookies. Posting and browsing is possible but everytime I click a forumlink I get an unwanted logout. How can I add the session id to the forumlink?

I found out that it adds the session ID to the link but the redirect removes it

Comment

Originally posted by Wynex View Post
      Hi,

I have a problem with session ids. I'm testing my forum for users without cookies. Posting and browsing is possible but everytime I click a forumlink I get an unwanted logout. How can I add the session id to the forumlink?
      I didn't think that we eliminate the need of the cookies on this forum. I have AOL and Webtv users and many, many computer & internet noobies that don't know how to make the accept cookies, etc. on their browsers.

With many buying proprietary machines like Dell, Compaq, HP etc. the sercurity settings don't accept cookies, the block popups are enabled etc.

Is there a solid way to eliminate the need for the cookies? I would really be interested in applying this to my board too - it would save me alot of grief and tech support phone calls, emails etc.

90% of my board's issues are related to cookies.

Does your method create any security holes?

And, please could you step by step tell me how to go cookieless? I would be very grateful.

Comment

Bug Tracker:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...view&bugid=694

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X