Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reported posts are not creating threads at all.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SDB
    replied
    Guys

    Is it possiblt to change the queries so that it sets the fields correctly?

    We have nearly 7m post, and it has taken many hours to upgrade our test board, so I'm just looking for a solution to upgrade the main site without having to run the 4 queries, and then the 4 ALTER TABLE queries as well, to sort the first ones out.

    Cheers

    Simon

    Leave a comment:


  • stormblast-
    replied
    R u guys talking about this?
    http://www.andreas-kraus.net/blog/up...date-timeouts/

    It worked for me without problems..

    Leave a comment:


  • telc
    replied
    What are the proper queries to run, to fix this problem for people who did run those 4 queries?

    Can a VB developer please post the proper Alter sql commands to change these 4 fields from "NULL" to "0" and and make then unsigned.
    Last edited by telc; Wed 1 Nov '06, 7:33am.

    Leave a comment:


  • Paul_M
    replied
    That was it.
    Last edited by Paul_M; Thu 17 Aug '06, 1:59am.

    Leave a comment:


  • Paul_M
    replied
    I'll check this as I also updated the database (some of it) via SSH.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by InfidelMatt View Post
    If you used the raw queries as presented by Andreas, it loaded field defaults which were somehow different than the defaults loaded in the official upgrade script.

    I wouldn't be surprised if more 'big boards' that processed the queries directly have this same issue in the days to come.

    Matt
    Yes, that's what I did.....

    Hmm. I shall keep an eye out for anyone with the same problem and point them over here.

    Leave a comment:


  • InfidelMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Excellent Matt thanks. This fix worked for me too.

    I am, however, intrigued to know how this happened.

    I can't see how this can be a result of Paul's reported post hack since it doesn't go near the database.

    Is the upgrade script missing something out? Or did MY upgrade script miss something out due to following those instructions for altering the post table in SSH?
    If you used the raw queries as presented by Andreas, it loaded field defaults which were somehow different than the defaults loaded in the official upgrade script.

    I wouldn't be surprised if more 'big boards' that processed the queries directly have this same issue in the days to come.

    Matt

    Leave a comment:


  • Mark.B
    replied
    Excellent Matt thanks. This fix worked for me too.

    I am, however, intrigued to know how this happened.

    I can't see how this can be a result of Paul's reported post hack since it doesn't go near the database.

    Is the upgrade script missing something out? Or did MY upgrade script miss something out due to following those instructions for altering the post table in SSH?

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    Nice investigative work.

    Leave a comment:


  • InfidelMatt
    replied
    I fixed it!

    That was the issue: reportthreadid needs to be unsigned, not null, default 0 instead of NULL.

    Matt

    Leave a comment:


  • conqsoft
    replied
    Mine is an upgraded board and it works fine for me though.

    Leave a comment:


  • InfidelMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    It also uses the post datamanager, so possibly something is conflicting there.
    But there wouldn't be any conflicts if the product was completely uninstalled, would there (I uninstalled mine before upgrading as I had no more use for it)?

    Matt

    Leave a comment:


  • InfidelMatt
    replied
    I've checked my database and the big difference I can see is that the new field reportthreadid on the post table is NULL on the upgraded boards whereas it is unsigned, not null, default 0 on the fresh installed boards. Because I run a large board I had to add the fields using SSH instead of the script, but I doubt this is the cause of the problems. I am currently changing the field to not null default 0 unsigned and will let you know how it goes.

    Matt

    Leave a comment:


  • Mark.B
    replied
    Thanks Colin.

    Troubleshooting that is a bit beyond me, so I have posted in the hack thread on vbulletin.org pointing out this issue, hopefully someone will pop along in due course and suggest something.

    In the meantime, for those stuck without a report-to-thread system, simply reinstall the old hack, it works fine on 3.6. In the infraction and reporting options, set the reporting forum to nothing, but ENABLE emails or else the report buttons won't show up.

    Infraction reports are unaffected by any of this.

    Not ideal but a suitable workaround.

    Leave a comment:


  • Colin F
    replied
    It also uses the post datamanager, so possibly something is conflicting there.

    Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X