Clear All

• database error

Hello,

i have this error :

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.0:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT * FROM forum WHERE forumid =;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
    corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line
    Error Number : 1064
    Date : Monday, August 7th 2006 @ 07:45:31 AM
    Script : http://www.nokia4arab.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=91
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 72.30.252.106
    Username : vistor
    Classname : vb_database

SQL Syntax errors are almost always related to modified code. To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello,

i will try and let you know

but i have one qustion

how can i make the user fill out the requred fildes ??

Comment

Hello,

and i have this error when i want to give infraction to the member

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ']' in /home/nokia/public_html/vb/infraction.php(556) : eval()'d code on line 5

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          SQL Syntax errors are almost always related to modified code. To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
          yes the same thing

Comment

The code that is failing relates to phrases, you could try reloading the default phrases using tools.php
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
              The code that is failing relates to phrases, you could try reloading the default phrases using tools.php
              what error do you mean ??

because i have now 2 errors

Comment

Hmm, I was referring to the second one, I didn't read back any further than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ArAb4NoKiA View Post
                  Hello,

and i have this error when i want to give infraction to the member

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ']' in /home/nokia/public_html/vb/infraction.php(556) : eval()'d code on line 5

Regards,
                  This error is from a plugin you've installed. You need to disable each of your plugins then turn one at a time to see which one is causing this.

If you cannot log into the Admin CP then to disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think you may have jumped to a premature conclusion there.

While most eval errors are plugin related, line 556 of infractions.php is not actually a hook eval call, it's this ;

Code:
                    eval(fetch_email_phrases($emailphrase, $userinfo['languageid']));
                    The problem appears to be phrase related, hence my post above.

Comment

Just going by what the Devs have told me. I'll tell them they are wrong and that Paul M is right.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Just going by what the Devs have told me. I'll tell them they are wrong and that Paul M is right.
                        Was there really a need to be sarcastic about it ? - I'm trying to help people just like you are (only I don't get paid for it).

I'll bow out of .com now and leave you to it, I'm sure I can find better ways to spend my free time.

Comment

My apologies. Your 'premature conclusion' comment sure seemed a bit condenscending to me. Perhaps I read it wrong.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This error is from a plugin you've installed. You need to disable each of your plugins then turn one at a time to see which one is causing this.

If you cannot log into the Admin CP then to disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins
                            Hi,

i disabled the plugins and the same thing

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                              I think you may have jumped to a premature conclusion there.

While most eval errors are plugin related, line 556 of infractions.php is not actually a hook eval call, it's this ;

Code:
                              eval(fetch_email_phrases($emailphrase, $userinfo['languageid']));
                              The problem appears to be phrase related, hence my post above.
                              can you tell me what phrase exactly

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X