Banned user and Soft Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned user and Soft Delete

Hey do anyone know how i can make so banned usergroup get - that throw hes/shes name? and is it possible to make so super moderator only can soft delete threads=?

Originally posted by JompaMP View Post
    Hey do anyone know how i can make so banned usergroup get - that throw hes/shes name? and is it possible to make so super moderator only can soft delete threads=?
    Yep you can put a line through a username by going to Admin CP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Banned Users Edit Usergroup > Username HTML Markup and type <strike> in the first text box and </strike> in the second text box.

Note that if you set the Banned Users usergroup on your banned users as a secondary group you will need to set the Display Group to Banned Users for the strike out to function.

Comment

thanks can you answer on the other question to?

Comment

I don't really understand your other question - where you say can you make it so only Super Moderator can soft delete posts, do you mean prevent your standard (non-super) moderators from deleting anything???

Comment

i maybe said wrong i mean now so can mods only soft delete threads how can i do so supermoderator also only can soft delete?

Comment

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > Under Super Moderators, select Edit Permissions for each moderator, and set Can Physically Delete Posts to No.

Comment

ok thanks and now i have another question and it is if it is possible to do so if you are guest or not logged in you see one forum that i create and when you logg in you see the rest but not this forum?
              Last edited by JompaMP; Mon 7 Aug '06, 2:53am.

Comment

Originally posted by JompaMP View Post
                ok thanks and now i have another question and it is if it is possible to do so if you are guest or not logged in you see one forum that i create and when you logg in you see the rest but not this forum?
                Yes, that feature is possible, and it can be acomplished by using the Forum Permissions system. I'll put the procedure in a numbered list below.
                1. Firstly, create the forum for guests and another forum for logged-in users. (You can create more afterwards but lets not get too confused at this stage!)
                2. Next, go to AdminCP > Forums and Moderators > Forum Manager > In the drop-down menu next to the forum you only want guests to see, pick View Permissions. The Forum Permissions page appears, with all your forums listed. Next to the one you want only guests to see, click the Deny All link. This will prevent everyone from accessing the forum.
                3. Next, we need to click the Edit link next to Unregistered/Not Logged In below the one you want only guests to see.
                4. Once you click the Edit link, the Unregistered/Not Logged In's permissions for the guest forum will appear. They should all be set to "No". You need to at least enable Can View Forum (so they can see it in the forum list) and Can View Thread Content and Can View Other's Threads (so they can see what you have posted as a welcome message). Set the other permissions as necessary. Once you are done, click Save.
                5. Once you click the save button, you will be taken back to the forum permissions screen. You will want to give yourself access (as an Administrator) to the guest forum so that you can post welcome threads etc. Again, click Edit next to Administrators (below the guest forum name again) this time and you will see Administrators forum permissions. The best thing is to probably click the All Yes button, giving you full control of the guest forum, although you can set the permissions manually if you like. When done, click Save.
                6. In the forum permissions manager, find the forum which you want only logged in users to be able to see. Click the Edit link next to Unregistered/Not Logged In. Pick Use Custom Permissions at the top and make sure Can View Forum is set to No. This hides the forum from guests. You will probably just want to click All No though which will prevent Guests from reading or accessing anything in your logged in users forum. Click Save when done.
                7. Now, try it. Log out of your forum completely as if you were as a guest. You should only see the Guest's forum. Now login, not as an Administrator, but a normal, registered user. The guests forum disappears and the logged in one appears. Logging in as yourself (administrator) will display both, as you have full control of the guests forum to post threads there.
                If you want to prevent Guests from reading other forums, repeat steps 6 and 7 again.

Hope this helps!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X