Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wilhelm32
    replied
    It'd take under 15 seconds for his webhost to restore it for him, if he submitted a ticket.

(scratch that, my webhost takes days before they notice I submitted a ticket)

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    In lieu of SSH access, I think he's going to want to write a cron job that executes the necessary commands and set it to run 5 minutes from now.

Leave a comment:

• wilhelm32
    replied
    If you do not have access to the CLI on your server you should uncompress your backup file (download a free program to uncompress this, winRAR rocks). Then you should attempt to process the file or files inside the folder. However...if you do not have access to the CLI you'll take some time restoring...do it table by table if you are in a web-based control panel, or just submit a ticket to your webhost, they can restore databases from backups for ya.

Btw...how did you restore your database...sometimes when I download the tar.gz files from my webhosting's control panel, theres nothing inside!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    You need to uncompress and untar your backup file so you just have the plain text backup. The extension is normally .sql, though it could be anything as long as you have the raw backup.

Lats has posted commands to untar and unzip the file, depending on what kind of compression it has. You might also be able to give the compressed file to your host and they can do everything.

Leave a comment:

• SiriusBlack22
    replied
    So I rename the file in my FTP to hpinacti.tar.gz? Then what?

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    See post #4

tar -xzf filename.tar.gz

Leave a comment:

• SiriusBlack22
    replied
    But, I don't have a link that is hpinacti.sql. I have one that is hpinacti.gz. What am I going to have to do in order to make it where it is hpinacti.sql.

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    The link is the manual which explains how to restore the database, specifically...

mysql -u dbusername -p databasename < backupname.sql

If you do not have shell access to run the command, you can ask your host to do it for you.

Leave a comment:

• SiriusBlack22
    replied
    I still don't understand. What link would I go to, to fix upload it? The Manual is giving me things I purely don't understand.

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    Once you've got it on your server, you can uncompress the file with this command...

tar -xzf filename.tar.gz

Replace filename with your filename of course.

Then you can use the restore command in the link Jake provided.

Leave a comment:

• SiriusBlack22
    replied
    What command is this?

I've saved it to my computer via cpanel. It's a GZ file. I'm uploading it now to my FTP. But, in cpanel, there is a command where you Browse and Upload the file in order to restore the database.

Thanks,

SB

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    How are you uploading the backup? Normally you would FTP the backup to your server, then run a command to restore it:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...tabase_restore

Leave a comment:

• SiriusBlack22
    started a topic Reuploading Databases

Reuploading Databases

I use www.siteflip.com, MySQL Version 4.0.25-standard-log, www.hpinaction.com. I deleted my database on accident. Thank GOD I had saved it to my computer about 5 hours before hand. But, when I upload it, it freezes. Something I'm doing wrong? Can my crappy Dell Dimension 2400 not handle it?

Thanks,

SB
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X