Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galadrium
    replied
    I kept getting template errors when I tried to change it. I think im just going to leave it with that line in there. Its no big deal.

I really do appreciate your help.
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Apologies; my connection to the Net decided it was a good idea to keep me offline for a couple of days at random.

To fix that, I believe it would have to be the other sets, like the ones above for the post and user information.

For example, for the left side you'd find:

HTML Code:
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="alt2" style="border: $stylevar[cellspacing]px solid $stylevar[tborder_bgcolor]; border-top: 0px">
            $post[onlinestatus]
            <if condition="$show['reputationlink']">
    Just use the same instructions above and apply them. That one is for the left (above). The next instance that you run across for the above should be similar, and then you just apply the same instructions for the second one. If it doesn't work right away, play with the code a bit and it should work in general.

Leave a comment:

• galadrium
    replied
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• galadrium
    replied
    Thanks a million. The border removal worked perfectly.

On the second part it is strange, it only partially works, it still leaves the border on the bottom part, see pic. I did exactly what you said and added "
    border-right: 0px;" after "border-top: 0px;". Any ideas on how to completely remove it?

Thanks again!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    For the first one, you have to edit the showthread_list template. Change the following:

HTML Code:
        <div style="height:150px; <if condition="$show['postlistwidth']">width:$postlistwidth;</if> overflow:auto; border:2px inset; padding: 0px; text-align:$stylevar[left];" class="alt1" id="links">
    I believe it should be by changing or removing the border:2px inset; part.

For the second part, it's a little trick, especially in the way they decided to redo the postbit_legacy template to make it have that one border, and what you want to do is actually opposite of what it was before that many seemed to complain about.

In each instance of style="border: $stylevar[cellspacing]px solid $stylevar[tborder_bgcolor]; border-top: 0px; border-bottom: 0px", you would have to look through it to find which specifically affects that specific line. I do believe it's the following you have to play with:

HTML Code:
        </if>
    </tr>
    <tr valign="top">
        <td class="alt2" width="175" style="border: $stylevar[cellspacing]px solid $stylevar[tborder_bgcolor]; border-top: 0px; border-bottom: 0px">

<div id="postmenu_$post[postid]">
                    <if condition="$show['profile']">
    The above would effect the user information; the style="border: $stylevar[cellspacing]px solid $stylevar[tborder_bgcolor]; border-top: 0px; border-bottom: 0px" following it should effect the right side. My guess from looking over it might be something like border-right: 0px; added after border-top: 0px;.

Leave a comment:

• galadrium
    started a topic Style changes

Style changes

I decided to update my forum to 3.6 from 3.0.7. I discovered that I can't simply import my old style into vB 3.6, because there have been many changes, so I've been basically rebuilding my style from scratch, manually. Its no big deal but I can't figure out how to change 2 things.

First, I want to get rid of the box around the listing of responses in hybrid mode, i have highlighted what I want to get rid of.

Second, I want to get rid of the line between the blue box and the the white box, I have highlighted this as well.

Thanks in advance for all the help!
    Attached Files
Working...
X