• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error (after upgrade)

upgrade from 3.5.4 > 3.6.0 gold.
    get this error when I try to go to RSS Feed Manager

admin cp > RSS Feed Manager

note: though...no error when I click Add New Feed. but I haven't actually tried to add on an RSS yet.

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.6.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT rssfeed.*, user.username, forum.title AS forumtitle
    		FROM rssfeed AS rssfeed
    		INNER JOIN user AS user ON(user.userid = rssfeed.userid)
    		INNER JOIN forum AS forum ON(forum.forumid = rssfeed.forumid)
    		ORDER BY rssfeed.title;

MySQL Error  : Table 'n****c_MYSITEforums.rssfeed' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Date         : Thursday, August 3rd 2006 @ 09:32:33 PM
    Script       : http://www.MYSITE.net/forums/admincp/rssposter.php
    Referrer     : http://www.MYSITE.net/forums/admincp/index.php
    IP Address   : 221.***.***.***
    Username     : ****************
    Classname    : vb_database
    Last edited by Zingu; Thu 3 Aug '06, 5:47pm.

the table has not been created. The step probably got skipped during upgrade.

Revert to the 3.5.4 database and do another upgrade getting the latest .zip file from the members' area

run through each step and make sure the page has completed loading 100% before clicking on the next button.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      the table has not been created. The step probably got skipped during upgrade.

Revert to the 3.5.4 database and do another upgrade getting the latest .zip file from the members' area

run through each step and make sure the page has completed loading 100% before clicking on the next button.
      sorry for the n00b question but ... how do I "revert to the 3.5.4 db"?

Comment

Did you not make a backup?

Comment

Before you upgrade you make a backup of the vbulletin .sql database and the files.

So when something goes wrong you can drop the database and restore the .sql dump and start over.

Before making any changes to your files, database or way of life: Always backup: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/backup - I prefer through shell.

http://www.vBulletin.com/go/restore

Comment

yah. guess I gotta a backup.. but can't I just reinstall without reverting?

Comment

Don't backup the corrupt upgraded 3.6.0 forum .. you can't upgrade from 3.6 to 3.6

You can install fresh yes, but you will have 0 users and 0 posts. You are upgrading, so don't install. Unless you want to start over 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                Don't backup the corrupt upgraded 3.6.0 forum .. you can't upgrade from 3.6 to 3.6

You can install fresh yes, but you will have 0 users and 0 posts. You are upgrading, so don't install. Unless you want to start over 100%
                I was afraid of that. thanks...will let you know how it goes afterwards.

Comment

would it be possible to fix this by clearing the rss feed tables in the database and readding them?

Comment

Originally posted by teyron View Post
                    would it be possible to fix this by clearing the rss feed tables in the database and readding them?
                    good question. just reinstall that one table in essence. kinda screwed if it has to be the whole thing. :/

Comment

bump

Comment

It is worth a try to manually add the missing table yes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X