Upgrade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Question

I am currently at 3.5. I'd like to move up to 3.6.

I have a ton of hacks, mostly products, plug ins and templates, most of which I'm willing to re-install with 3.6 versions or eliminate until they new mods come out.

I know I can upgrade on top of an existing 3.5 installation, but I'd really like to re-build a new forum from scratch with a fresh 3.6 installation.

Is there any way to cleanly import my forums, posts, users, etc. onto a fresh install?

I'm very new to vB, so use small words and speak very slowly...

Ty

Im guessing use ImpEx?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Austin View Post
      Im guessing use ImpEx?
      I don't recall seeing anything saying Impex was ready for vBulletni 3.6.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I suppose if you uninstalled all your hacks, replaced all your files and upgraded the database, then reverted all of your templates it'd be pretty close to a clean installed (while still keeping your posts, users, etc)

Would that do?

Comment

It may or may not - but it won't be supported until 3.6 final is released.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

is impex updated yet cos i cant do my forum to gold otherwise.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X