• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admincp stats are all kinds of messed up

This started happening after the upgrade from 3.5.4

Unique Members Today 4 New Threads Today 9
    New Users Today 0 New Posts Today 1

I have had 5 new members today and well over 9 new threads and 1 new post.. and have way over 4 members on my site right now.

Probably a code modification oor an old file. To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I had this problem in RC 1 and I went through all the updating thingees in Maintenance. Cleared it right up
      Peggy
      ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        Probably a code modification oor an old file. To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
        All these things are done and they are still wacky. This happens on different sites as well that all went from 3.5.4 to 3.6
        Last edited by BamaStangGuy; Fri 21 Jul '06, 12:01am.

Comment

I have not seen any reports of this happening on a confirmed non-modified vB.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having these same issues after upgrading from 3.5.4 to RC2 last night.

It says I have 6 new posts and 20 new threads.

Comment

Originally posted by justlost View Post
              I'm having these same issues after upgrading from 3.5.4 to RC2 last night.

It says I have 6 new posts and 20 new threads.
              Glad to see I am not the only one.... I don't know what to tell you. All mods are disabled and it still does it.

Comment

It happened to us, also... but with one of the 3.5 upgrades. It works reliably on a day-to-day basis now, but all the statistics before a certain date got screwed.

We didn't have any modifications, either. Replacing all of the files didn't fix anything. In the end, it wasn't important enough to bother with anymore.

Comment

Quick stats are cached for up to 30 minutes now. Because, otherwise they weren't all that quick on large boards.

The line that controls this:
                  Code:
                  if ($vbulletin->options['adminquickstats'] AND $vbulletin->acpstats['lastupdate'] < (TIMENOW - 1800))
                  Additionally, the update tends to happen in the background on an old cache. Try going back to the main page after your first visit in a while and you should see updated stats. Again, this was done for speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
                    Quick stats are cached for up to 30 minutes now. Because, otherwise they weren't all that quick on large boards.

The line that controls this:
                    Code:
                    if ($vbulletin->options['adminquickstats'] AND $vbulletin->acpstats['lastupdate'] < (TIMENOW - 1800))
                    Additionally, the update tends to happen in the background on an old cache. Try going back to the main page after your first visit in a while and you should see updated stats. Again, this was done for speed.
                    It seems that would explain it. Thanks

Comment

My new posts and new users don't even show up anymore in the admin panel.
                      What can I do?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X