Blank page when logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank page when logged in

One of my supermods is having trouble loggin onto the site. When he's a guest he can see the site properly but when he enters his username and password to log in the screen goes blank when he clicks submit.

I can log in fine so can all the other members. What can this be?
    My Football Forum

Originally posted by boro_boy View Post
    One of my supermods is having trouble loggin onto the site. When he's a guest he can see the site properly but when he enters his username and password to log in the screen goes blank when he clicks submit.

I can log in fine so can all the other members. What can this be?
    i've just logged on via his username and password and the screen just goes blank for me also. So there is something wrong with his account but everything looks alright when i have a look at his account.

This pops up also:

You have chosen to open:
    Which is: application/octet-stream

Wierd!!!
    Last edited by boro_boy; Sun 9 Jul '06, 7:18am. Reason: to add more information
    My Football Forum

Comment

Has he tried the www.myfootballforum.com URL?

Comment

I have just had a report from one of my Supermods with the Same issue.

blank screen when trying to view the forum.

Comment

What version are you both running?
          Also, do you have any plugins, addons or code modifications?
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I am running Beta 4.

I have disabled all Plugins created a Temp Style, set it as default and disabled user selection.

still the same.

I talked him through deleting his cache, cookies etc and still no Joy.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Derekclarke03 View Post
              I am running Beta 4.

I have disabled all Plugins created a Temp Style, set it as default and disabled user selection.

still the same.

I talked him through deleting his cache, cookies etc and still no Joy.

Derek
              It was a plugin that was causing the problem. Some adverts i have at the bottom of the site. Its only a request for a php file though. I couldn't resolve it properly so in the end i created a new user and merged the user with the problem into the new account, then changed his username back to the normal one.
              My Football Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                What version are you both running?
                Also, do you have any plugins, addons or code modifications?
                Oh, version 3.6.0 B4
                My Football Forum

Comment

still geting reports of this, from various people, but it is not user related.

it is ok on their laptop but not their main Pc. so went through delete cache, cookies etc and retry, still the same.

Comment

Disable your plugin system and ask those users to give it another try after clearing cache and cookies.

Comment

I have something similar.

Did the upgrade to 3.6- everything worked fine (once I went back to the default skin). Reinstalled my plugins and alls been good for the last 4 days.

This evening I changed forum permissions so that guests can only view thread titles in "most" area's of my board. They have access to two forum groups and "should" be able to see titles only in others.......

When I log aout and come back as a guest all I can see is the navbar - the rest of the board is blank.

I have vBAdvanced installed. If I go to the homepage and enter the forum via the "latest threads" module I get in fine and can view everything. Click backwards on the links and I can get from the thread to the child forums that the guest has access to, but when I click back one more to the main forum index I get a blank screen with navbar?

If I give guests access to all area's again I'm guessing this will go away (as thats definately what started it) but its kinda wierd.

Thoughts?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X