Getting giberish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting giberish

I recently had my board installed and ocassionally get some giberish (not ascii looking) text in various places and at various times.

Right now, for example, logged in as a user, in the Quick Reply box, my two button options are "Post Quick Reply" and "Opcje zaawansowane"

When I go into the language settings (English-US), I also see some unusual info such as under Phrase Type: Permissions for nopermission_banned, the default and current text reads "<p>Banovani ste iz sljedećeg razloga:<br /> {1}</p> <p>Ban period ističe: {2}</p>"

Can anyone provide me with any guidance on this?

Thanks

I'm talking to myself...

Don't you just love it when people answer their own posts!

It looks like this is the result of a language that I installed then removed. It looks like it left in some custom variables that need to be deleted.

If anyone can tell me how to delete all the custom variables without going through every page one-by-one, I would appreciate it.

Comment

You might consider re-uploading the language XML file and overwriting the currently existing one and see if that fixes the problem. You might also consider Repairing & Optimizing Tables and, then, repeating that step and see if that helps.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment

Working...
      X