After upgrd 3.6.2 - 3.6.3 STILL 3.6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After upgrd 3.6.2 - 3.6.3 STILL 3.6.2

I downloaded xml only of 3.6.3. Ran upgrade on local server. Works great. Even my image verification problem that I was working on all morning cleared up!

However, I then uploaded files to live (staging) server and ran same upgrade. Everything proceeds normal (3.6.3 reference shown top right while upgrading). When it reaches completion, it shows 3.6.2 NOT 3.6.3. Same thing on forum page.

Not sure if this is a bug or what or operator error.
    Larry Eitel - Administrator & Webmaster
    NoBlood.org
    Transfusion Alternatives and Blood Management

Reupload all the files and run the finalupgrade.php file again.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      Reupload all the files and run the finalupgrade.php file again.
      I never ran finalupgrade before but I ran it with original xml files with same results. I uploaded the files again as directed. Ran ONLY finalupgrade.php. Ran through the steps with result again being. Beta 3.6.2 updated.

Would you suggest that I upload the actual FILES rather than the xml only?

Thanks!
      NoBlood.org

Comment

Yes, upload all the files, and run /install/upgrade.php instead.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leitel View Post
          I never ran finalupgrade before but I ran it with original xml files with same results. I uploaded the files again as directed. Ran ONLY finalupgrade.php. Ran through the steps with result again being. Beta 3.6.2 updated.

Would you suggest that I upload the actual FILES rather than the xml only?

Thanks!
          I uploaded all the files and went directly to finalupgrade.php. It seemed to want to run upgrade instead but I chose to continue with finalupgrade.php. Ran through no prob. But finished it still shows 3.6.2.
          NoBlood.org

Comment

Excuse me but I just realized that the copyright message for my local test version of 3.6 ALSO still shows version 3.6.2 after I ran the xml only upgrade.

This was an upgrade from 3.6.2.

Basically, upgrading from 3.6.2 to .3 with run-time errors results in original 3.6.2 version. Perhaps code was revised even though it doesn't say so.
            NoBlood.org

Comment

I have it resolved. What through me off was only downloading xml and not the package with files. I ran upgrade with kindly upgraded what it had to work with ie settings, styles, etc. but NOT the files.
              I'm back on the road again.
              Thanks for the input along the way.
              NoBlood.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X