(3.6 Beta 2) Database error with /admincp/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (3.6 Beta 2) Database error with /admincp/

After upgrading to 3.6 Beta 2 I do not have access to admincp/ I just get an database error without the query error.

It could be possible that the error occured after activating the "welcomepm uninstaller" from a welcomepm plugin from vbulletin.org

What should I do now?

Code from the welcome plugin uninstaller:
    Code:
    if (VB_AREA == 'AdminCP')
    {
    	$vbulletin->db->query_write("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "phrase WHERE (varname='welcomepm' AND phrasetypeid=4000) OR (varname='welcomepm' AND phrasetypeid=3000) OR (varname='setting_welcomepmuserid_desc' AND phrasetypeid=5000) OR (varname='setting_welcomepmuserid_title' AND phrasetypeid=5000)");
    	$vbulletin->db->query_write("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "setting WHERE varname='welcomepmuserid'");
    	$vbulletin->db->query_write("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "plugin WHERE devkey LIKE 'welcomepm_%'");
    	require_once(DIR . '/includes/adminfunctions.php');
    	$vbulletin->options = build_options();
    	require_once(DIR . '/includes/adminfunctions_language.php');
    	build_language();
    	$vbulletin->db->query_write("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "plugin WHERE devkey = 'welcomepm_installer'");
    	vBulletinHook::build_datastore($vbulletin->db);
    }

Another question: How can I deactivate plugin/hook system without using admincp? Changing the value in setting table for "plugin" did not work.

Comment

To disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under the <?php line:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        To disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under the <?php line:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins
        Thanks very much for fast response.

If I disable your way, I do get errors regarding the installed phpadsnew system.

I managed to go to the admincp panel by editing the functions.php (removing the fetch_userinfo hook).

Comment

It was the "uninstall welcome pm" plugin.

Problem solved

Comment

Could I ask how you solved this as my forum is completely screwed because of this

If I DISABLE_HOOKS I can get in fine - but as soon as I re-enable them it falls over again

I know its the welcome PM uninstaller plugin but I've deleted that plugin and still get the same error

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Orange View Post
              Could I ask how you solved this as my forum is completely screwed because of this

If I DISABLE_HOOKS I can get in fine - but as soon as I re-enable them it falls over again

I know its the welcome PM uninstaller plugin but I've deleted that plugin and still get the same error
              It's really some time ago and I do not remember exactly. But I first DISABLE_HOOKS and then deactivated / deleted the product. Be sure you deactivate / delete the plugin where the code in post #2 of this thread is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X