Infraction Usergroup Not Overriding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infraction Usergroup Not Overriding?

If the infraction usergroup overrides the user's primary usergroup (I'm assuming since it's called "Override Usergroup" when you define them), shouldn't it override everything? For example the user Title and HTML markup?

Right now if someone is banned because of the infraction system you can't really tell because their user title isn't set to "Banned" and in my case, their username color doesn't change.
    Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
    Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Only the permissions are overridden. It doesn't actually put that person in the infraction group so their title and markup are not overridden. Depending on the setup, a user can be in multiple infraction groups at a time. Which should the system choose?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hmmm... might not be a bad idea for the future... Could make a per infraction group setting to override User Title/HTML markup. Then people could at least do it if they want to (if there are multiple groups they are part of, just pick the first one it finds with an override option or something {shrug}).

I for one, only use the infraction system to ban users (I imagine I'm not the only one), but it becomes counter productive when there is no visual queue that the user is banned, and mods/admins keep trying to manually ban the user, only to realize they are already banned when they go to edit them.
      Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
      Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

I'll see what I can do about that.

Comment

The problem I'm having with infractions is that its almost like the usergroup override isnt working.

I have all of them (infractions) considered as 'banned'.

I tested it on some members. A few Super Mods, and a few members. And even though it was set up as banned permissions, which would deny them use of EVERYTHING, they still were able to post and move around like it was nothing. As if nothing changed.

As well, if the ability isnt there, mods/super mods should be able to be included. Sometimes even they need a warning or 2. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
            To make it easy, I'd even be happy with just utilizing user.displaygroupid...

Like if it's 0, update it in the update_infraction_groups() call, then revert it back to 0 when the infraction is lifted.

Would probably need to make the "Display Usergroup" drop-down list (when editing a user) have an option for 'Infraction Group' or something...

Comment

I've went through and double checked the usergroup settings. Everything is correct.
              Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Fri 9 Jun '06, 8:10pm. Reason: added a word

Comment

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
                I've went through and double checked the usergroup settings. Everything is correct.
                I just tested this again, which includes the extensive testing I did when I wrote it.

I created one infraction level

Primary Usergroup: All Usergroups
                Override Group: Banned

I then gave my test a user a custom infraction for 10 points (A new option in beta 2) which gave him the Banned group as an infraction group. Browsing as the test user, I get permission denied on every page. Same thing if I move the test user to the Super Moderator group.

What infraction groups have you set up? What are the primary usergroups of your target users? How many infraction points do they have? What infraction groups are listed for the user when you edit the user in the admincp?

Comment

ok, I musta somehow misunderstood what to do or how it works. html markup would be nice for each infraction group you want. Just a suggestion. This way if someone wants the infraction to mirror something like being banned, then they could. Or different name colors could mean different levels of warning as more of a visual indicator as well. Things like that. As an option of course.
                  Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Fri 9 Jun '06, 11:47pm.

Comment

I'm sort of on the same page with this. I was hoping that it'd be like the Subscription option thinger that automatically places you in a usergroup based on something that happens.

In my case, I was making a suspended usergroup. When the user receives x amount of infractions, they're placed in this group. What I wanted this group to see and do was to not be able to see any of the forums Registered Users see, but to see the Suspended forum that others don't see. However, this system does not override forum permissions; it only overrides yes's with no's.

I believe that making it an option to choose what is overriden may be very useful. That's just my two cents though.
                    Transient Dreamer
                    She makes everything worthwhile.

Comment

I agree that it should be an option. I too tried to make a suspended forum, but unfortunately it doesn't seem it will work with the current system.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
                        Mr. Bingham, this is MUST if you want us to use infractions system 100%..

we have custom title html markup for banned group , new users group and miserable users group and this is the only way everybody can understand , who is new user , who is banned or miserable.. members are so used to be it's hard to use infractions without custom html markup override..

Comment

Originally posted by brooklyn1907 View Post
                          Mr. Bingham, this is MUST if you want us to use infractions system 100%..

we have custom title html markup for banned group , new users group and miserable users group and this is the only way everybody can understand , who is new user , who is banned or miserable.. members are so used to be it's hard to use infractions without custom html markup override..

Exactly, I won't use it yet.
                          http://www.ls1.com
                          http://www.lsxspeed.com

Comment

and a little notice to the infraction system..it would be more nice when there would be a option to turn on/off the automaticly pm system when a infraction is done.... and "yes" the user title should change %100
                            regards

Comment

bump

Comment