Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded PHP & MySQL - Getting Errors Now - 3.5.2

Hello:

I just finished upgrading the following to prepare for upgrading my forum from 3.5.2 to 3.7.2

Apache - vers 2.2.9
    MySQL - vers 5.0.51a
    PHP - version 5.2.6

I'm still running 3.5.2 at this time and plan to upgrade my forum this Sunday.

At present, my members and myself are receiving some errors such as..

Could not find phrase 'pmreceived'
    Could not find phrase 'usermessage'

Members that receive an email via the forum are getting emails, but they are blank... no subject line, and no text in the email.

In the vB Control Admin, when I login it states, "Could not find phrase "login".

I'm also getting Could not find phrase "saved settings successfully" when I make a change to vB options in the vB Control Admin.

However, it still allows me to login, plus it changes my settings okay.

My question please...

Is there a way to resolve this issue now, and when I upgrade to 3.7.2, will it cure itself?

EDIT NOTE: Several phrases are not being found.

Thanks,
    davrob
    Last edited by davrob; Fri 18th Jul '08, 4:03pm.

I suggest upgrading immediately.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve:

My tech cannot do it until Sunday..

Your reply seemed to have a sense of urgency.. Could I damage the database or something by waiting?

Should I close the forum until then?

Thanks,
      davrob

Comment

You have somehow lost your phrases. Upgrading the server would not have caused this. Unfortunately this means you may have suffered other data loss as well.

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file to the install directory. Then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then reimport the vbulletin-language.xml file. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.

Then run this in the Admin CP:

AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve:

Thank you for the help. Everything was fine, and had been until the upgrade was completed this morning.

Last question please...

Is there a phrase table, and if so, could/would it help to run Repair/Optimize Tables?

Thanks,
          davrob
          Last edited by davrob; Fri 18th Jul '08, 4:12pm. Reason: added text

Comment

Yes, there is a repair table, and no, repair would not fix this otherwise I would have suggested that instead.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve:

As always, thank you for everything that you do for all of us.

davrob

Comment

As a note, my tech guy did a repair on all of the tables, and the phrase table.

All is back to normal.

Thanks,
                davrob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X