Problem with PM number, problem known, solution not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PM number, problem known, solution not

I am running vBulletin 3.5 and mysql 5.0.22. I recently moved to this new server which also means I updated php and mysql both. Since the move I have had a couple of issues. One being that sometimes the amount of UNREAD private messages incorrectly shows 65,000+. I would reset the amount to 0 (at the recommendation of a vbulletin helper) and it would happen again. Yesterday it hit me, the number of PMs showing as unread was that the amount (65,535) just happened to be 1^16th in binary. I did some research and mysql 5.0.22 treats 0-1 for a small int as 1^16th or 65,535. I have tried duplicating this issue multiple times and cannot get it to reoccur (yet users are doing it). I have also contacted users and they don't know why it is happening.

My questions are

Where can I put in a check to make sure it doesn't go below 0.
    What should the code look like to make sure that it doesn't go below 0.

This is a known bug in 3.5.4 and earlier.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=12432

Upgrade to 3.5.8 and this will be resolved.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X