Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass Prune all users with same email domain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Prune all users with same email domain?

How can I prune all users whose email address has the same domain (such as @mail.ru)? Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Still Waters

The prune option in vBulletin doesn't have the functionality at this point to search for email addresses and then mass select + prune them.

However, the User search function does.

Admin Control Panel > Users > Search > Search for Email

Enter mail.ru and let it search.

This will present a list of all those users who you can then edit and delete (although one by one)

Comment

This option is not recommend
      I have not seen any option since vBulletin 3.0.7 to 3.6.7PL1 that you can 'Prune/Move Users' by email. You may have to have a custom query created for you that would delete or move to banned usergroup. You would also need to run another query for post that have now been turn to guest.
      You should banned by email, Country ip or host banned*. You should run a query that list all users with that email and delete them one by one. You can also merge these users into one and move post to a selected hidden forum and dumped it.

*Host Banning is not a vBulletin option, but you can install a script that prevents thousands from even seeing your index page.

---Site Maintence---- Did not see you have posted Floris.

Comment

Np Jose, you provided additional information

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
          You can also merge these users into one
          Can this be done all at once? Or only one-by-one?

PS: I have now banned by email. Thanks.
          Thanks,
          Still Waters

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waters View Post
            Can this be done all at once? Or only one-by-one?

PS: I have now banned by email. Thanks.
            I would say that you will have sore fingers... That is a hint to no.

It would be nice to list a query of member(s) then check off which member(s) you want to merge into, but I would think it would need to be done while offline or with very few member(s) and guest(s) on your board.

I am going to make a note on what I was taking about and add this to 'Suggestions Forum'

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
              I would say that you will have sore fingers... That is a hint to no.
              I just finished deleting over 400 users.
              One at a time.

Yup, it would be very nice to query the users based on multiple criteria, and then have check boxes to delete many at a time.

Anyway, thanks all for the very fast and helpful responses.
              Thanks,
              Still Waters

Comment

Working...
              X