Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cookie paths with two forums

live forum domain www.mydomain.com
    live forum location forum.mydomain.com as a subdomain.

test forum is on the same domain but in a different folder called [forumscopy]

i have also set different cookie prefixes for each config.php file

i setup a test forum and database by copying the [forums] folder to a new [forumscopy] folder on my domain and pointing the tests config.php file to the backup db.

i cant access the admincp on the test forum as i just get bounced back to the login page (cookie issue i guess).
    went into the orignal forum admincp and specified the /forums/ folder in the cookie path options.
    then logged out.
    now i cant log in to either forums admincp..

what have i done? how do i undo it?
    tia
    Last edited by dizzine; Thu 21 Jun '07, 1:57am.

apologies i posted before searching..okay i have reset the live forum cookie path using the tools.php script..
    but still cannot login to the test forum admincp..very confused..

how do i run two forums, one live and one test using two separate databases..?
    is there a 'how-to' out there..?

would i be right in thinking that until i change the forum path in the admincp on the test forum it will not work..? can these values be edited directly and if so which .php script holds them?

tia
    Last edited by dizzine; Thu 21 Jun '07, 3:29am.

Comment

Try clearing out your cookies.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X