Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUMHOME Template Gone

Hey Guys,

Well my forum was hacked somtime ago, but all is back to normal now except one thing: When I access my Style Manager there is no "FORUMHOME" Template for me to edit/view for my Custom Made Style.

The rest of the Forum Home Templates are there, but the actual FORUMHOME template is not. I made a New Style with No Parent Style to see if the FORUMHOME Template would show up and it does. I click on "Customize" and I see the default vB Code for the FORUMHOME Template, but when I set this New Style as the Default Style and view it, it displays the info the Hacker had overwritten it with ... The word "HaCoOr" ...

What can I do so that I can get this resolved? I want to be able to see my FORUMHOME Template on my Custom Made Style and I also want to be able to create a New Style with No Parent Style, so that I can see vB's Default Style. Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks.

EDIT: I also noticed that if I set the New Style that has No Parent Style as the Default Style for the Forum and I make the Forum Inactive, then I can see the Forum with vB's Default Style with the information "Forum is down, until further notice ..." as I have set it on the vBulletin Options.
    Last edited by Dannyloski; Tue 19 Jun '07, 1:14am.

Instead of customize, click on revert
    This should revert the template back to the default template.

If this does not help - upload the tools.php file (from vb.zip do_not_upload folder) to the admincp folder and run it from the browser, reimport and rebuild the style

Comment

I cannot click on "Revert" as the New Style I create with No Parent Style does not allow me to do so. I went ahead and did the tools.php as you said, and now it works - the Default Style of vB is back up and displays under the New Style I made.

However, I still cannot see the "FORUMHOME" Template on my Custom Made Style, when I click "Edit Templates" - This is the style that was hacked by the hacker when my site was attacted sometime ago. What could he have edited to make the FORUMHOME Template disappear from the List?

Comment

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-style.xml file to the install directory. Then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then reimport the vbulletin-style.xml file by running tools.php from your browser. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

^ Just tired it and it still doesnt show up on the Custom Made Template I have ... I dont know what it could be ...

Comment

Sorry, then. I don't know any other way to make this show up in your custom style. My guess is that you will probably need to create a new style and re-add your changes.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

^ Thanks for the help anyways, I ended up just creating a new Custom Style from scratch as I had to Revert the ones I previously had, once I upgraded to 3.6.7 PL1 ...

I'm just curious, how could he delete the FORUMHOME Template from the Edit Templates section, that's wierd.

Comment

It's not possible to do this with an unmodified vB unless you message with the database directly.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well he deleted the FORUMHOME Template from my Custom Made Style, as I said before. I'm just curious as to how he was able to accomplish deleting a certain style and making it "hidden" from the Edit Templates section.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter anymore as I have made a New Custom Style from scratch and it all shows up and works perfectly.

Comment

As I said you can't do that with an unmodified vB. The code is simply not there to do this. I thought I made that clear.

He did it via a hack or through the database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay, what can I edit in the Database to make it show up again, I really need this FORUMHOME template to show up again ...

Comment

Never mind, I got it to show up agian, by creating a FORUMHOME Template from scratch, then I click "[View History]" and place the code from the previous ones onto the new one ... Now it shows up when I hit "Edit Templates" :thumbup:

Comment

I am glad to hear you resolved the matter at hand. Good luck restoring your forum and securing it to prevent future abuse.

Comment

Working...
                          X