New host new problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New host new problems

I recently moved my forum to a new host. We are seeing some problems that hopefully the experts here can help me with.

Initially we couldn't upload to the pic gallery or downloads section. But we chmodded those folders and now it works.. BUT....

When I try and add a new forum section it says it has worked, but then it refreshes and I don't see it.

I feel there are other folders etc that need the chmod permissions editing.

Is there a guide to which folders need which permissions?

Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thankyou

vBulletin itself doesn't require any folders to be CHMODed. Likely this is caused by your addons.

I recommend you disable Plugins globally and see if this still happens.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks Colin,

Also, I have just been told that people are being logged out automatically, and the downloads section no longer allows people to upload.

Could this be the same issue?
      Last edited by itrends; Tue 24 Apr '07, 9:08am.

Comment

'Downloads section'? Is this from an add-on?

Tell them to click on the 'Remember me' box when they login. This will keep them logged in as long as they are not blocking cookies, assuming of course you have no modifications that broke this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I believe it is a plugin called Downloads II

I would actually be willing to pay someone to come and fix all of these problems. I am clueless, and something clearly has gone wrong during the move.

Comment

We can't provide official support for add-ons and forums running non-vB code. Try www.vbulletin.org.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X