Server Move Has Caused Major Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Move Has Caused Major Problems

I've just moved my website to a new server host as I needed a more powerful solution and it's caused some major problems.

I go to make a new thread and it appears to start with to work fine, but when I click submit, it comes up as post -1 thread -1 and instead of it posting it in the chosen forum section, it posts the thread in every single forum, but I can not delete or edit the post or anything as it seems to have added it wrong.

The old host used mysql 4.1.19 the new host uses mysql 4.0 although i did backup the database using compatible mode.

I have already found out via Photopost that there seemed to be a not NULL issue with the database for the Photopost tables and was told to run a few sql queries to fix it and that worked fine for my gallery.

So i'm wondering if that could be the cause of the same issue with the forum and how the heck I can fix this, as it currently has me in a state of panic.

I get the feeling that this not NULL issue in the database may have effected every area of my database, but I don't know which tables I would have to edit to get it working properly.

Please help me ASAP, I'm currently having to keep my site offline because of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've just checked the post and thread tables in the database and the post id and and thread id for the test post I made both came up as 0

The thread for Photopost that was helpful and got my galler working properly again was this: http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127352
    Detomah
    Last edited by Detomah; Wed 31 Jan '07, 3:04am. Reason: Added Information
    www.totalformat.com The entertainment portal, games, music, movies, sport and all areas of entertainment.

Exactly which mySQL version are you using and what version of vBulletin are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
      Exactly which mySQL version are you using and what version of vBulletin are you running?
      According to my server hosts, the mysql version is 4.0

I'm running version 3.54 of vBulletin.

According to phpinfo: Client API version 4.0.25
      www.totalformat.com The entertainment portal, games, music, movies, sport and all areas of entertainment.

Comment

The minimum mySQL version requirement for vBulletin is 4.0.16 so you will need to either get your hosting provider to upgrade to at least that version, or find another host.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
          The minimum mySQL version requirement for vBulletin is 4.0.16 so you will need to either get your hosting provider to upgrade to at least that version, or find another host.
          I don't quite understand, my forum is functioning fine bar this one major problem.

It seems to have lost the auto increment bit.

Does the client API bit being 4.0.25 not mean my actual version is 4.0.25?

Comment

Try running these queries:

Code:
            ALTER TABLE `adminhelp` CHANGE `adminhelpid` `adminhelpid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `adminlog` CHANGE `adminlogid` `adminlogid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `announcement` CHANGE `announcementid` `announcementid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `attachment` CHANGE `attachmentid` `attachmentid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `attachmentpermission` CHANGE `attachmentpermissionid` `attachmentpermissionid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `avatar` CHANGE `avatarid` `avatarid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `bbcode` CHANGE `bbcodeid` `bbcodeid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `calendar` CHANGE `calendarid` `calendarid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `calendarcustomfield` CHANGE `calendarcustomfieldid` `calendarcustomfieldid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `calendarmoderator` CHANGE `calendarmoderatorid` `calendarmoderatorid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `calendarpermission` CHANGE `calendarpermissionid` `calendarpermissionid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `cron` CHANGE `cronid` `cronid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `cronlog` CHANGE `cronlogid` `cronlogid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `event` CHANGE `eventid` `eventid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `forum` CHANGE `forumid` `forumid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `forumpermission` CHANGE `forumpermissionid` `forumpermissionid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `holiday` CHANGE `holidayid` `holidayid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `icon` CHANGE `iconid` `iconid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `infraction` CHANGE `infractionid` `infractionid` INT ( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `infractionban` CHANGE `infractionbanid` `infractionbanid` INT ( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `infractiongroup` CHANGE `infractiongroupid` `infractiongroupid` INT ( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `infractionlevel` CHANGE `infractionlevelid` `infractionlevelid` INT ( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `imagecategory` CHANGE `imagecategoryid` `imagecategoryid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `language` CHANGE `languageid` `languageid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `mailqueue` CHANGE `mailqueueid` `mailqueueid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `moderator` CHANGE `moderatorid` `moderatorid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `moderatorlog` CHANGE `moderatorlogid` `moderatorlogid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `paymentapi` CHANGE `paymentapiid` `paymentapiid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `paymentinfo` CHANGE `paymentinfoid` `paymentinfoid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `paymenttransaction` CHANGE `paymenttransactionid` `paymenttransactionid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `phrase` CHANGE `phraseid` `phraseid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `plugin` CHANGE `pluginid` `pluginid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `pm` CHANGE `pmid` `pmid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `pmtext` CHANGE `pmtextid` `pmtextid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `poll` CHANGE `pollid` `pollid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `pollvote` CHANGE `pollvoteid` `pollvoteid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `post` CHANGE `postid` `postid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `productcode` CHANGE `productcodeid` `productcodeid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `productdependency` CHANGE `productdependencyid` `productdependencyid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `profilefield` CHANGE `profilefieldid` `profilefieldid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `ranks` CHANGE `rankid` `rankid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `reminder` CHANGE `reminderid` `reminderid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `reputation` CHANGE `reputationid` `reputationid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `reputationlevel` CHANGE `reputationlevelid` `reputationlevelid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `rssfeed` CHANGE `rssfeedid` `rssfeedid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `search` CHANGE `searchid` `searchid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `smilie` CHANGE `smilieid` `smilieid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `style` CHANGE `styleid` `styleid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `subscribeevent` CHANGE `subscribeeventid` `subscribeeventid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `subscribeforum` CHANGE `subscribeforumid` `subscribeforumid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `subscribethread` CHANGE `subscribethreadid` `subscribethreadid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `subscription` CHANGE `subscriptionid` `subscriptionid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `subscriptionlog` CHANGE `subscriptionlogid` `subscriptionlogid` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `subscriptionpermission` CHANGE `subscriptionpermissionid` `subscriptionpermissionid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `template` CHANGE `templateid` `templateid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `templatehistory` CHANGE `templatehistoryid` `templatehistoryid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `thread` CHANGE `threadid` `threadid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `threadrate` CHANGE `threadrateid` `threadrateid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `upgradelog` CHANGE `upgradelogid` `upgradelogid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `user` CHANGE `userid` `userid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `useractivation` CHANGE `useractivationid` `useractivationid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `usergroup` CHANGE `usergroupid` `usergroupid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `usergroupleader` CHANGE `usergroupleaderid` `usergroupleaderid` SMALLINT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `usergrouprequest` CHANGE `usergrouprequestid` `usergrouprequestid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `usernote` CHANGE `usernoteid` `usernoteid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `usertitle` CHANGE `usertitleid` `usertitleid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `userpromotion` CHANGE `userpromotionid` `userpromotionid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            ALTER TABLE `word` CHANGE `wordid` `wordid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Were those queries for version 3.6 ?

I noticed a couple of those tables were not found.

But, besides that, I can now post, reply, create and all that perfectly.

Thank you very much, it appears to be working fine now.

I will have to check every single bit of the forum though, because this has scared me a lot, so if I do get any other relating issues I will reply to this thread so we know where we are at.

All I can say though, is thank gawd that's at least one issue dealt with.

*starts to wonder why he ever decided to do a server move...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X