Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database connection Error

Hello,

Since 2-3 days i am facing a problem with the database.
    Following this link http://www.dardania.de/vb/upload no connection can be established.

On the other hand if i click on this link
    http://www.dardania.de/vb/upload/search.php?do=getnew I can access my forum easily.

What could be the problem ?

First I recommend reuploading all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files. Also, turn off plugins globally in your vBulletin Options. Does this problem still occur then?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Problem remains the same. Any other advice you can give me ?

Comment

can somebody help me with my issue ?

Comment

Add a new Style and select 'No Parent Style'. This will force it to use the default templates. Switch to this Style and see if the error still occurs.

If so, see if any of theses suggestions fixes it: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I have been through all the 9 points of the vbulletin help docs and no one helped.
            I have changed the style and this error still occurs.

Comment

If you have followed all those instructions then this is a server issue. I suggest contacting your host.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i have contacted my host and i got told that this could be an vbulletin issue.

can somebody form you team help me out with this issue ? i really dont know what to do anymore.

Comment

Be sure that your Mysql user has the LOCK rights.
                  (can be done easily via Cpanel Mysql section or your admin panel)
                  Last edited by Interdit; Sat 13 Jan '07, 8:22am.
                  BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
                  Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
                  Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

i have checked it, nothing to do with lock rights.

can somebody else help me with this issue ?

sending ticket to the vbulleting team at this stage ok ?

Comment

Please reread post #7. Starting a ticket with your host is the next step since this is a problem on the server end.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just would like to inform everybody that this is a locking issue !

This is the solution of the problem !

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System -> NO

Comment

I really don't see how that could have been a mail issue. How did your host explain that?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

In this case my was not cooperative at all. After trying days getting my forum back online i found out by luck that if mailque systen enabled with locking I cannot connect to the db and a blank page appears.

Is this a server issue or a vbulletin bug ?

Comment

There is no such vB bug like that. This is a server issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X