adding a weather feed help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a weather feed help?

I would like to start a new thread that shows a live weather feed, then lock it down so users can get a forecast. I have the code which is below, but my problem is i have no idea where i am supposed to paste it?

Can someone please give me a step by step of where to paste the code, many thanks in advance

<iframe style="overflow:hidden;border:none" allowtransparency="true" width="475" height="295" align="left" src="http://www.weather-forecast.com/loca...3dayfree.shtml" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You can paste it into any template... Good choices are header, navbar, FORUMHOME.

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Edit Templates (On All Style Options Dropdown.)
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Sorry, not a pc genius here. I am still a little lost. I would like the weather feed window to appear in a dedicated thread, then simply lock the thread so it displays nothing but the live weather. Does that make sense?

Comment

The post itself can't have live updates, the feed imports it from current rss feed status, when there is an update it will create another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          The post itself can't have live updates, the feed imports it from current rss feed status, when there is an update it will create another thread.

Ok, so where would i need to copy the code please?

This is my site http://www.valleystrailriders.com/forum/index.php

Comment

I do not know.

What is the source feed? That's what you need to fill in on the rss feed page.

Comment

Here is the source, at the bottom it gives you the code and says to copy and paste it to the web page

http://www.weather-forecast.com/loca...iff.1to3.shtml

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

Ok, done now but it is showing on all the threads too, i just want it to be seen on the forum home page??????

Comment

That has nothing to do with importing rss feeds.
                    You can put this iframe inside the footer or header template or anywhere you want it to visually appear. I don't recommend to put it inside a post.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X