Subscription issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription issues

I have an odd issue. I set up users so they are subscripted to a forum so they get instant email notification if a post is made. The forum is setup to moderate all posts by default. They never get a notification when a New thread is made but they get it on all replies. How do I fix that?

I hope it's OK to reply to this thread with a similar problem I have, sorry if it's not.

VB 3.5.4

My members have reported that they are not getting any email notifications when they are subscribed to threads, even though they have checked "instant notification" in their options. Posts are not moderated.

Thanks!
    Fergal Crawley
    Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

For future reference, please start your own thread.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It is not no email is ever being sent. Moderators get those emails when new posts are made. If you subscribe to a forum you get email notifications on replies to threads but not when a new thread is made. It seems to only be impacting subscription emails alone.

Comment

Have you followed all the suggestions in that link? What to the server and vB email logs show?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes and no errors. I am on 3.5.4. I don't see an option log emails sent by vb.

Comment

Sorry that is fort 3.6. If there are no errors in the server logs then I guarantee vB is sending these emails. Can you provide root access to the server so we can check the email logs and troubleshoot this. If so fill out a support tichet with all the relevant info.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm having the same problem, and I've (tried)to do what you posted both here & the links you offered....still having problems.

Comment

Please start your own thread with the revalant details.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X