re-occuring error: 'threadviews.MYD'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-occuring error: 'threadviews.MYD'

Hi I keep getting this error, It seems that a database table keeps breaking. Im not sure if this is a problem caused due to the host, from my site, or from someone maliciously hacking the site. The error is:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:
    Invalid SQL:
    SELECT threadid, COUNT(*) AS views
    FROM threadviews
    GROUP BY threadid;
    MySQL Error : Can't find file: 'threadviews.MYD' (errno: 2)
    Error Number : 1017
    When I recive this error, it also seems my hosts server is down too, and they use an old version of vbulletin on their site (EFH broadband). As you can see their site is currently down due to this, and they are an affilate of B.T.

I can fix this by SQL on my site (once they have fixed their servers) by deleting the threadviews and then recreating it. This seems to solve the problem. But it seems to be occurring over and over,twice thjs week now!!!

I think someone is breaking the database on purpose (on both my host and my site), what can i do to stop this?

Is this due to the hosts database being corrupted, if so how can I get them to prevent this?
    Please help Its ruining both my sites and all the sites my host provides, which is potentially loosing them thousands!
    Last edited by mikep; Wed 3rd Jan '07, 12:36am.
    ai-stockmarketforum vbulletin-faq vbulletin-fans

Upgrade to 3.6.4. This rarely happens with the latest version.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I cant, my host uses an old version of mysql and php. I have been thinking of changing, as i have hinted to my host quite a few times to upgrade, but this still hasnt happened.

However, I dont want to change hosts right now as I will loose all my links. Is there any sort of patch for this problem
      ai-stockmarketforum vbulletin-faq vbulletin-fans

Comment

No, there is no patch. As long as you stay with that host and the older version of vB you will likely have this same problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X