X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Reason Why Banned (similar) to another Usergroup

Hi:

Version 3.5.2

When a member is banned, and they log back in, they see a message as to why they were banned.

I have several members will bad email addresses on file at my forum. This causes me to receive numerous bounced email notifications in my email box for their email notifications since I'm the forum admin.

Recently I have created a new usergroup (bad_email) that I place them in so that they lose their posting privileges. I then have to wait until they contact me so that I can tell them why they can no longer post (bad email address on file).

My Question:

How can I add a message for this usergroup when they log back in which will display to them the following?

Please change your non-working email address on file here at the forums to a working email address and your privileges will be reinstated.

Or, if there is a better way to do this, I'm listening..

Thanks,
    David

This can be done with template conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve:

Thank you, as always..

David

Comment

Working...
      X