Create a private forum for only certain members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a private forum for only certain members

I want to create some private forums for a certain usergroup on my site. How do I do this? Currently everyone is a part of the registered users usergroup, and with a secondary usergroup also checked. Will I have to change their primary usergroup from registered users to the actual user group I want to give access to the forums. Will this also stop them from posting in other public parts of the forum?

You can either:

1. Create a new usergroup with permissions for that forum and add that group as a secondary for these members.

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

2. Use Access Masks if you want to open this to specific members instead of usergroups:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...s_access_masks
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Can't I just adjust the forum permissions on the new private forum I created to allow the secondary group I already have, instead of creating a new one?

Comment

Yes you can use the secondary you already have.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X