Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset Sessions?

Running Version 3.5.4.

How do I reset sessions (i.e, if I want to bounce people out of what they're viewing while I do an upgrade)? I thought there was an option...

TIA

There never has been such an option.

It's really not necessary but you can run this query:

TRUNCATE session;
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I could've sworn there was....

This query would refresh the screen (immediately) and ultimately bring the user to the "under construction" page?

Comment

Nope.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So, ultimately, there's no way to refresh the user's screen. Reason I'm asking is it appears a user is attempting to copy my forum listing (literally) from my search page. I want to bounce them out every time I see them doing it. Nothing I can do here then? TIA

Comment

There is no way to force a refresh like this.

And what does this have to do with upgrading? Closing the forums is all you need to do. Then if they try to access something they'll get the forum closed message.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yep, got it. Thanks!

Comment

The sessiontable keeps adding entries, but does not remove any. This isn't how it should and did work. What's worse, after a while it will not accept new sessions.

What can be the reason for this? Is there a garbage collector in the MySQL server that stopped working or is it something PHP/board?

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thanks.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                  X