Delete poll from thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete poll from thread

How do I delete a poll from a thread? I know how to close it, bu I want to delete it or make it not visible in that thread.

Thanks,
    Mark

Im not sure if its the same for 3.5.x but on 3.6.x On the poll, there is a "Edit Poll" link on the same line as the poll question. Simlpy click that link and choose the "Close Poll" option.

Apologies if this does not apply to the 3.5.x version. I would appretiate a reply stating on wether this worked or not.

~Alkah

Comment

No, the close poll will prevent people from voting on a poll, not delete it.

To delete a poll the admin has to go to the admin control panel > threads & posts > strip poll , and enter the thread id of the thread with the poll

Comment

Thanks for the correction Floris! I screwed up yet again! hehe. I'll get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Alkah View Post
          Thanks for the correction Floris! I screwed up yet again! hehe. I'll get it!
          It seems you are quite keen on helping our forums, that is great. If customers with questions get answers they are looking for that is only helping everybody. So no problem there. In order to avoid getting it wrong I have a test set up of a clean vBulletin 3.6.5 on my localhost that's temporary, and behind closed doors (so it is valid to the license agreement) where I double check the answer before I give it. Perhaps a good tip if you're serious about helping out more

have fun!

To be honest (and to go back on topic) I thought it was possible for the thread starter to delete the poll. Not sure why it isn't possible. Oh well, perhaps a nice suggestion for future releases!

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            To be honest (and to go back on topic) I thought it was possible for the thread starter to delete the poll. Not sure why it isn't possible. Oh well, perhaps a nice suggestion for future releases!
            I thought so aswell, thanks for the tips.

Comment

Poll stripping worked...

OK, I got it. Stripped the poll and it's gone. What a weird way to do that. Surely it could have been a thread option or some easier way...

Thanks again,
              Mark

Comment

Perhaps (hopefully) in future versions

Comment

I was really shocked today when I was not able to find any option in "Edit Poll" so I can delete it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219365
                  Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Admin CP -> Threads & Posts -> Strip Polls

Dec 18th 2006, 1:38pm
                  I will be a year soon as Floris talked about some future version!
                  Shame to vBulletin team that there is no such future!
                  ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

Shame to vBulletin team that there is no such future!
                    Try english.

Comment

I cannot stress this enough since I also was desperately looking for an option to strip polls in the inline moderation tools ;-)

Djmail

Comment

Count me in on the sentiment. Should be in Thread Tools.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X