Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to run any thing on my forum to archive old posts or something? I have 150k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to run any thing on my forum to archive old posts or something? I have 150k

Do I need to run any thing on my forum to archive old posts or something? I have 150k right now and haven't really ran any sort of maintenance tasks.

What should I do? I mainly don't want to lose the post count.
    ChrisGuthrie.net - Forums and Blogging

There is no archive in vB like this. You can create an archive forum and move older posted into it if you want.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      There is no archive in vB like this. You can create an archive forum and move older posted into it if you want.
      K, yah I was just wondering if there was something special I had to do after getting to a certain amount of posts... kind of like when you get to a certain number of miles on your car you need to change the oil.

But apparently, no worries?

Comment

As long as you have enough hosting or server space then you shouldn't have to worry.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          As long as you have enough hosting or server space then you shouldn't have to worry.
          Ok, thanks a lot Steve.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X